It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only for discussion of events, technical exchange, resources, karts & parts, conducted in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie - No VKA Guideline, Operations, or event rule discussion allowed in this Public Forum, use email or Private Message Forum features instead. Public Forum Rules published on this website apply.

Print view Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: inherited kart
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:49 pm 

I have inherited a kart and don't know much about it or karting in general. It is a Yamaha RC100S, at least that is what the sticker says. The kart has been in storage for many, many years. At the very least 20 years, probably much longer. It looks practically brand new other than a few minor scratches from storage and some surface rust on the tailpipe. I removed the spark plug and the engine has never run. The brakes look like they've never been used and there is no wear marks anywhere on the kart to indicate that it has been used. The tires still have mold tabs like they have never been driven on. I believe it was brand new when put in storage. The seat is missing, but nearly everything else looks brand new. There are several gauges mounted to the steering wheel that appear to have never been connected (speed, tach, temp)
Does anyone know anymore about this kart? What year is it? I really don't have time for this hobby, my plate is full, and I need to know what value this kart has. I would like to sell it, but don't know enough about it or karting to know what it's worth.

Attachments:
kart.jpg
kart.jpg [ 48.05 KiB | Viewed 1238 times ]
kart1.jpg
kart1.jpg [ 83.11 KiB | Viewed 1238 times ]
kart2.jpg
kart2.jpg [ 84.25 KiB | Viewed 1236 times ]

Post subject: Re: inherited kart
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:58 pm 

Came out in the states in 1977 and sold for $799 plus freight and sold to dealers in crates of 4.
Sold for a bunch of years thereafter. A near mint used kart like this complete recently sold on ebay for $2200 and it went fast, so draw your own conclusions as to the posted buy it now price!
You need a auxiliary 12 volt started to run, A kart this cherry needs to be restored with all OEM NEW missing parts which isn't impossible but it would be tedious and expensive getting it NEW and complete again.
The exhaust isn't what came originally, thats an aftermarket exhaust can shown on the engine.

Post subject: Re: inherited kart
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:27 pm 

Thanks for the info., any way to tell what year it's from?