It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only for discussion of events, technical exchange, resources, karts & parts, conducted in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie - No VKA Guideline, Operations, or event rule discussion allowed in this Public Forum, use email or Private Message Forum features instead. Public Forum Rules published on this website apply.

Print view Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: bdc carb problems
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:56 pm 

hi I am looking for info on rebuilding bdc 14 and bdc 22 carbs i have 2 that flood out right away i have replaced soft parts and needle and duck bill no luck any help would be helpfull

Post subject: Re: bdc carb problems
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Do you know the history of the parts you rebuilt?? .. many of the BDC gas carbs were modified for alcohol when raced years ago.. meaning several internal holes were drilled out larger, this could cause a carb to run way rich if using gasoline. Also check things like the fulcrum lever height, if too high, it will interfere with carb plate, leaving the main needle seat wide open all the time ... lever should be flush with carb body surface, or only slight above. If you do a pop off pressure check, with carb fully assembled... that will catch a fulcrum are too high situation, since no pressure will build at all when pumping the pop off tool.