It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only for discussion of events, technical exchange, resources, karts & parts, conducted in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie - No VKA Guideline, Operations, or event rule discussion allowed in this Public Forum, use email or Private Message Forum features instead. Public Forum Rules published on this website apply.

Print view Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: Avon July 25-27, 2019
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:39 am 

Sal Palatucci
Just now

Dear VKA Members in the NE, If you did not receive the following email I sent out from Scott Kneisel, please email me at sal.vo @ verizon com so I can add you to the VKA's list. Looking forward to a great 10th anniversary, vintage karting celebration at Avon in a few weeks!
PS: Scott has since followed up with a request that all karts have numbers on them. Also, when you fill out the pre-registration form, please include your transponder number - if you have a transponder. Thanks _______________________________________________ Dear VKA members (June 26 email),

I am passing this along from the hosts of our region's largest drawing vintage Karting weekend on July 25-27. This is the 3rd VKA event of our 5 this season, and a bye-round in the Promoters Cup Series which resumes at Oreville and ends at OVRP.

[AVON is a VKA Member, Free Raffle Ticket Attendance Stop: register, earn one. Sign up a friend, earn two: maximum total for the season: 1-10+ tickets in a bucket with approximately 120 names in it.]

Also included below is Avon hotel information, Tier 1 & Tier 2 class structure, how we will stage up for our class heats, Thursday's AVON thanks for coming free Pizza party, some very impressive class trophies donated by Karl Ginter and something really unique for any of us who can arrive by Thursday afternoon.

Scott is going to conduct a seminar on the science and how-to install an electronic ignition system in our karts that avoids having to deal with points, condenser, and also creates a hotter spark for quicker starting on the grid.

Besides the visuals Scott will be use to explain how a points system differs from an electronic ignition, he has offered to install one in a VKA member's kart. So what were going to do is to throw everyone's name in a hat Thursday, and draw out one lucky winner who will get to go home with a free, Scott Kneisel installed, electronic ignition system.
Sal Palatucci
VKA NE Coordinator

Hi all,

For the Avon event coming up at the end of July (25-27) , Sam and I have decided to sweeten the pot for those who decide to pre-register.

Pre-registrations will greatly help us plan for a smooth and successful event so besides the benefit to us we also improved the benefit for those who wish to attend.
Here are three benefits to Pre-registration:

First off there is a $20 discount for a 3 day early registration

Second we have decided if you can't make the event for any reason, we will refund your money.

Third, the class grid line ups will be determined by order of registration, in other words, early registrations will get the best starting positions

You really can't loose by registering early so please take a little time and fill out the entry form and send it in.

Also, if you have your own transponder please send in the number along with the registration form. Yellow or yellow stripe My laps transponders work with our system."

Hope you have a great day,

Post subject: Re: Avon July 25-27, 2019
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 am 

Don’t forget, Avon is offering FULL REFUND for all pre-registration. Registration determines grid position.

Rolf P. Hill- VKA #436
ODENTON, MD