It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only for discussion of events, technical exchange, resources, karts & parts, conducted in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie - No VKA Guideline, Operations, or event rule discussion allowed in this Public Forum, use email or Private Message Forum features instead. Public Forum Rules published on this website apply.

Print view Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: Transporting the kart
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 am 

Hi! Still new to the forum. Just want to know what you guys can suggest for good truck accessories and/or trailer parts you use to transport your vintage karts. Would like to check out your recommendations. I am not really looking for “cheap” but I am looking for a good value.

Post subject: Re: Transporting the kart
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:29 am 

first off read the rules.....we do not use ""handles"" here, we use real names...

man, you asked a wide open question,,,some guys travel with just enough to get by on and others carry dang near everything you would need to rebuild everything in the trailer /truck

most would have a trailer, large enough to accommodate the equipment you are using....1 2 3 karts???? tool box, fuel carriers ( safety)...pit box on the trailer side door is convenient...access to lube , cleaners towels, easily...canopy ....

overall I think you will see most use small trailers 6 or 7 feet wide by 10 14 feet long....again, what ever best fits your needs....

Gary

VKA #387

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 am 

first off read the rules.....we do not use ""handles"" here, we use real names...

man, you asked a wide open question,,,some guys travel with just enough to get by on and others carry dang near everything you would need to rebuild everything in the trailer /truck

most would have a trailer, large enough to accommodate the equipment you are using....1 2 3 karts???? tool box, fuel carriers ( safety)...pit box on the trailer side door is convenient...access to lube , cleaners towels, easily...canopy ....

overall I think you will see most use small trailers 6 or 7 feet wide by 10 14 feet long....again, what ever best fits your needs....

Gary

VKA #387

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:54 pm 

Back in the day (1965-1970)we had a 58 Ford station wagon. We could get 2 stacked in the back and another on the home made roof rack. If the whole family went, I had to ride in the bottom kart in the back with all the tool boxes, starter and spare stuff. Fun times!