It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only for discussion of events, technical exchange, resources, karts & parts, conducted in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie - No VKA Guideline, Operations, or event rule discussion allowed in this Public Forum, use email or Private Message Forum features instead. Public Forum Rules published on this website apply.

Print view Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dick Teal update
Unread postPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:05 am 

I got a call from Dick yesterday and he stated he got out of the hospital rehab. center. He will be heading back to Wisc. in 2 weeks. He still has to go to pain management when he gets back. We all wish him a speedy recovery so he can get back into karting.

Ernie

VKA #15

Post subject: Re: Dick Teal update
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:21 pm 

Thanks Ernie we appreciate the updates and the good news he got out of hospital. Just getting away from there will perk him up.

Jim

Post subject: Re: Dick Teal update
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm 

Here's the latest update. My return will be on Saturday the 24th of June; about three weeks from now. I pushed the date out so I could finish up the super-antibiotic on the 21st. Then I will be taking oral antibiotics for a long time.

I have Staff infection in the right knee. When you get this infection it's a crap-shoot where it develops. Fortunately it has stayed in the right knee. I've had two operations to flush the knee out. The doctor goes in Arthroscopically and blows out the fluid in the open areas. The first time helped but the second time seems to be working in reducing the infection.

There's no rhyme or reason on who gets it so my time must have come up. I can walk and get around with a walker and should be able to set it down sometime this summer.

I will not be driving karts this summer but I plan on coming to Brodhead on Friday afternoon to see whoever shows up.

Thanks to Ernie for posting this and everyone that called and/or wrote a card.

Dick Teal