It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only for discussion of events, technical exchange, resources, karts & parts, conducted in the spirit of fellowship and camaraderie - No VKA Guideline, Operations, or event rule discussion allowed in this Public Forum, use email or Private Message Forum features instead. Public Forum Rules published on this website apply.

Print view Previous topic | First unread post | Next topic 
 Post subject: MC90 Engine Won't Start
Unread postPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:41 pm 

Hey there! I am happy to join the VKA Community. Last year towards the end of spring, my dad and I bought a go-kart. It was an old MC90, with a purple jig, sparkily steering wheel, and an MC90 engine. As you might have imagined, it was a pain to find instructions or even parts, for this engine. Since production only lasted about 8 months it is extremely hard to find manuals, parts, or and info on this engine. We fixed the recoil spring after heating the shell up with a blow torch to take the shell off and then rewinding the spring. We mixed the proper gas-oil "ratio" mixture and put it into the tank. We try to start it and after many attempts it wouldn't budge. My dad stopped not wanting to ruin the engine. The gas would not go up the tube into the carburetor.
To my knowledge, it is supposed to create a vacuum effect, pulling the gas up through the tube. Could this mean the carburetor is not working. The only time this worked was when we poured some gasoline directly into the carburetor. I have done a lot of digging online and now I am turning to the community, does anyone have knowledge of this motor and/or have a clue of what might be going on. We are open to any suggestions you may have. If not, we are just going to take the whole thing apart and try and diagnose the problem ourselves. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Post subject: Re: MC90 Engine Won't Start
Unread postPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:52 am 

You have a PM